Rent a Cow!
On a picture-perfect Vermont hillside, complete with red barns and a 150-year-old stone farmhouse, a small family farm makes the finest farmstead Cheddar and Camembert cheeses, just for you!
- Since any cheese is only as good as the milk that goes into it, the cows are fed only fresh hay, grain, and pasturage, not haylage or corn silage.
- No BST or other chemicals are ever used.
- Your cow spends time outside every day, unlike those cooped up in a modern "factory farm."
- The high butterfat content of the milk from your pampered toast-colored, soft-eyed, long-lashed Jersey cow ensures a rich, smooth cheese.
Along with a personalized Lease Document, we'll include a roster of the herd from which the recipients can choose their cow and milking date. (They have names; they're almost like family).
Progress Reports will tell recipients about the fine art of cheese-making, farm life, and all the moos that's fit to print of the herd. And, if you like, we can take a photo of your cow to add to the family album!
Order a Cow Lease now or read on for more information.
4 weeks after requested milking date.
three 8 oz. wheels of Cheddar or three 7 oz. wheels of Camembert
The Lease program includes:
- A beautifully designed & personalized (parchment-look) lease document that is sent to your recipient.
- An announcement folder (inscribed with your gift message) that describes the many benefits of your gift.
- Entertaining & informative progress reports (& an optional photo) to keep them up-to-date on the harvest as it is nurtured.
- Upon completion of the harvest, the cheese is delivered to their door.
- Satisfaction & bountiful yields are guaranteed.
We do all the work and you get all the raves (while helping support America's family farms).
Vermont Cow Basket
A wicker basket stuffed with our wood-fired, grade A maple syrup (half pint), 2 lbs. of stone-ground buttermilk & honey pancake mix, an 8 oz. waxed Cheddar cheese wheel, and wild Maine blueberries (3.5 oz. can).
S.Z. New York, NY